Hello and welcome back. In this project, we will learn how to make a WIFI control car with the new Blynk app and ESP8266 board. We did this video earlier using the old Blynk app. If you want, you can use this link to visit it. But, the new Blynk app is very popular these days. And this project has been requested by most of me. So I decided to do this project. Ok, let’s go to the project.
In this project, I used two gear motors and the L298N motor driver. Also, a piece of foam board is used for the car chassis. You can use cardboard, rigid foam, or any other suitable material for this project. Then, we can do it easily and low cost. But, you can also use a car chassis kit or something else. Finally, we want to say, You can control this car from anywhere in the world using your smartphone or computer. For that, this project will guide you step by step.
If you want, you can visit our tutorials and projects using our “SriTu Hobby” app on the play store. Also, we can control the Bluetooth-related projects using this app.
- Try this SriTu Hobby app – click me
Ok, let’s do this project step by step. The required components are given below.
- Nodemcu ESP8266 x 1 — Amazon / Banggood
- L298N motor driver x 1 — Amazon / Banggood
- Gear motor x 2 — Amazon / Banggood
- Robot wheel x 2 — Amazon / Banggood
- Robot caster wheel x 1 — Amazon / Banggood
- Battery holder x 1 — Amazon
- Li-ion battery x 2 — Amazon / Banggood
- Jumper wires — Amazon / Banggood
- Breadboard x 1 — Amazon / Banggood
- Foamboard — Amazon / Banggood
Firstly, identify these components.
Secondly, cut the form board to the following size.
Thirdly, attach the gear motors and the caster wheel to the top of the car chassis. Use the pictures below for that.
Next, connect the robotic wheels to the gear motors.
And then, attach the Nodemcu board to the breadboard. After, glue it to the top of the car chassis as you like.
Next, attach the motor driver board to the car chassis and connect the gear motors to the motor driver.
Ok, now connect the motor driver board to the Nodemcu board. For that, use the circuit diagram below.
Next, attach the battery holder and connect it to the motor driver board. For that, use the circuit diagram above.
Ok, now let’s set up the Blynk web app step by step. For that, follow the steps below.
- First, go to the Blynk website and create a new account using your email address. And then, log in to your account and click the new template button. For that, enter a suitable name and select your device as ESP8266. Then, click the “Done” button.
- Now, click the datastreams tab and create three virtual datastreams for this project. For that, use the following details.
- Virtual PIN -> Name – X / PIN – V0 / MIN – 0 / MAX – 100
- Virtual PIN -> Name – Y / PIN – V1 / MIN – 0 / MAX – 100
- Virtual PIN -> Name – Speed / PIN – V2 / MIN – 0 / MAX – 255
- Next, click the save button. After, click the search icon button and create a new device. For that, select the template you created earlier.
OK, the Blynk web app is now ready. If you want, you can create the web dashboard to control the car. But I only created the Blynk mobile dashboard.
Now, let’s set up the Blynk mobile app. For that, follow the steps below.
- First, download and install the Blynk app on your phone. Then, log in to your account using your email and password. Now, we can see the template created in the web app. Next, click this template and set up the mobile dashboard. For that, add one slider widget and one joystick widget. After that, customize these widgets as you like.
- Now, click the slider widget and select the datastream. Name it as you like. Select the “Speed” for the datastream. And then, click the joystick widget and select the “X” for the x datastream and “Y” for the y datastream.
OK, the Blynk mobile app is now ready.
Now, connect this car to the computer and upload the following program. It is as follows.
- Full details of this project — Download
/*Nodemcu ESP8266 WIFI control car with the New Blynk app. This code created by the SriTu Hobby team.
- Now, copy and paste the Blynk auth token. It’s in the Blynk web app. For that, click the “Device Info” tab.
- Next, enter your WIFI SSID and password. After that, select the board and port. Finally, upload this program to the Nodemcu board.
Finally, remove the USB cable and put the batteries into the battery holder. Now, you can control this car using the new Blynk app. OK, enjoy this project. The full video guide is below. So, see you in the next project or tutorial.