Hello and welcome back. In this project, we will learn how to make a water level monitoring system with the new Blynk app. For that, I used the Nodemcu ESP8266 board. Also, an ultrasonic sensor is used to measure the water level and a 5VDC 10A relay module is used to activate the water pump. It depends on your requirement. (You have to select the relay module according to the water pump you are using) Also, if you are using this project in practice, please use a waterproof ultrasonic sensor. Then, this system can be used for a long time. Finally, I would like to say that we can control and monitor this system using our smartphone or computer. We can also see these values on the LCD screen and LED indicators. I think this is a good advantage for us.
If you want to visit it with the old Blynk app, please use this link.
Ok, let’s do it step by step. The required components are given below.
- Nodemcu ESP8266 x 1 — Amazon / Banggood
- Ultrasonic sensor x 1 — Amazon / Banggood
- Relay module x 1 — Amazon / Banggood
- LCD screen x 1 — Amazon / Banggood
- I2C module x 1 — Amazon / Banggood
- LED bulb x 5 — Amazon / Banggood
- 220-ohm resistor x 5 — Amazon / Banggood
- Jumper wires — Amazon / Banggood
- Breadboard x 1 — Amazon / Banggood
Firstly, identify these components.
Secondly, place the Nodemcu board and LEDs on the breadboard. And then, connect the resistors for the LED bulbs.
Thirdly, connect the LED bulbs to the Nodemcu board. For that, use the circuit diagram below.
Now, connect the LCD screen, ultrasonic sensor, and relay module to the Nodemcu board. Please use the circuit diagram above.
Now, let’s set up the Blynk web app step by step. For that, follow the instructions below.
- First, go to the Blynk website and create a new account using your email address. And then, log in to your account and create a new template for this project.
- Now, click the datastream tab and create two data streams for that.
- Virtual PIN / Name — Water level / PIN — V0 / MIN — 0 / MAX — 20 (The height of the water tank)
- Virtual PIN / Name — Water pump / PIN — V1 / MIN — 0 / MAX — 1
- After, click the web dashboard tab and create a suitable web dashboard for this project. For that, I used a button and one gauge widget.
- Now, click the one-by-one setting buttons on the widgets and select the water level data stream for the gauge widget and the water pump data stream for the button widget. Finally, click the save button.
- Next, click the search icon button and create a new device. For that, select the template you created earlier.
OK, the Blynk web dashboard is ready for us.
Now, let’s set up the Blynk mobile dashboard for this project. For that, follow the instructions below.
- First, download and install the Blynk app on your smartphone. Then, click the template you created on the web dashboard.
- Next, add a button widget and one gauge widget to the dashboard. And then, customize these widgets as you like.
- Now, select the “water level” data stream for the gauge widget and the “water pump” data stream for the button widget. And then, name these widgets as you like.
Ok, the Blynk mobile dashboard is ready for us.
Ok, now connect the Nodemcu board to the computer and upload the program for this system. It’s as follows.
- Full details of this project – Download
- WIFI library — Download
- Blynk library — Download
- I2C library — Download
/*Water level monitoring system with the New Blynk app
- Now, copy and paste the Blynk auth token, It’s in the Blynk web dashboard. For that, click the device info tab.
- And then, enter your WIFI SSID and password. After, enter the height of the water tank. I used a 20 cm water cup for this project.
- Now, select the board and port. After, upload this program to the Nodemcu board.
Ok, now you can test this project. The full video guide is below. So, see you in the next project or tutorial.