Hello and welcome back. In this project, we will learn how to make a balancing robot using the RoboHeart development board. I have described more details about this board in a previous project. You can read it using this link. I used the two gear motors and a piece of rigifoam for this project. Therefore, you can make this project on a low budget. And we can easily use the RoboHeart library example for that.
RoboHeart library file — Download
OK, let’s do this project step by step. The required components are given below.
- RoboHeart Development kit — Buy now
- Gear motor x 2 — Amazon / Our Store
- Robot wheel x 2 — Amazon / Our Store
- 3.7 lipo battery x 1 — Amazon / Banggood
- Rigifoam or Foamboard
Firstly, identify these components.
Secondly, let’s create the balancing robot chassis. For that, I used a piece of rigifoam. But you can use any other material.
Thirdly, install the RoboHeart development board on top of the base.
And then, mark the center points of the robot base and glue the gear motors to those points.
Next, connect the gear motors to the Roboheart board.
Now let’s create the Lipo battery support. Use the following images for that. You can design it as you like.
And then, install the Lipo battery on the supporter. Next, connect a jumper wire to the switch terminal.
Now, connect this robot to the computer, and let’s upload the program. For that, follow the steps below.
- First, add the RoboHeart library to the ArduinoIDE.
- RoboHeart library file — Download
- And then, open the example code in the library.
- Now, select board and port. After, click the upload button.
- While loading this program, press and hold the boot button for 2 or 3 seconds.
Now remove the USB cable and connect the robot wheels to the gear motors. Finally, connect the battery to the RoboHeart board.
Now, place the robot in a vertical position and press the reset button. OK, enjoy this project. The full video guide is below. So, see you in the next project or tutorial.