Hello and Welcome back! In this project, you’ll learn how to build your own Bluetooth control car using an Arduino Nano board, an HC-05 Bluetooth module, and an L298N motor driver. To make the car chassis, I have used the rigifoam. By combining the regiform with other low-cost materials like gear motors, batteries, and jumper wires, we’ll be able to create a fully functional car that can be controlled remotely using your smartphone or tablet.
But that’s not all! With the SriTu Hobby app, you’ll have access to three different types of remotes – manual, gesture, and voice – giving you even more options for controlling your car. This project is a great way to explore the world of electronics and learn more about how they can be used to create amazing devices.
- You can download the SriTu Hobby app using this link — Download
OK let’s do this project step by step. The required components are given below.
- Arduino Nano board — Amazon / Our Store
- HC-05 Bluetooth module — Amazon / Our Store
- L298N motor driver — Amazon / Our Store
- Gear motors — Amazon / Our Store
- Robot wheels — Amazon / Our Store
- Caster wheel — Amazon / Our Store
- Li-ion Batteries — Amazon
- Battery holder — Amazon / Our Store
- Jumper wires — Amazon / Our Store
- Breadboard — Amazon / Our Store
Firstly, identify these components.
Secondly, let’s create the chassis of this car. For that use the following sizes. I used a piece of rigifoam for that. But you can use foam board or cardboard.
Thirdly, cut the car chassis into the following shape.
Next, connect the robot wheels for the gear motors. Then install them on the front of the car.
Now, drill two holes near the gear motors and put the wires through these holes.
Next, install the rear wheel on the car chassis. Use the following images for that.
Then, place the motor driver on top of the car chassis. After that, connect the gear motors to it.
Now, place the Arduino Nano board and Bluetooth module on the breadboard. Then, connect the Bluetooth module to the Arduino Nano board. Use the circuit diagram below for that.
After that, install the breadboard on the car chassis. Next, connect the motor driver board to the Arduino nano board.
Now, install the li-ion battery holder on the top of the car chassis. And then, connect it to the motor driver board. For that, you use can use the circuit diagram above.
Next, connect the Arduino Nano board to the computer. And then, upload the program to the Arduino board.
- Code and circuit diagram — Download
/*Bluetooth control car with Arduino Nano board
- Now, copy and paste this code to the Arduino IDE. And then, select board and port.
- Next, remove the RX and TX jumper wires. And then, click the upload button.
- Reconnect the jumper wires after this code is uploaded.
Next, remove the USB cable and put the batteries into the battery holder.
Now let’s set up the Bluetooth controller app step by step. Follow the instructions below for that.
- First, download and install the SriTu Hobby app from the play store.
- SriTu Hobby app — Download
- Now, open this app and click the “control” button.
- Then select Remote Control.
- Next, click on the gear wheel button and find your device. In this case, you need to enable location and location permission. And then, select your device. Then, it will connect.
- Also, you can change the modes using the arrow button.
- Check that all of the connections,
- Check that the code has been uploaded correctly to the Arduino Nano board.
- Check your power source.
In conclusion, this is a fun and easy project that anyone can do with a few simple materials. You can also customize the car by adding more features or modifying the code. The full video guide is below. We hope to see you in our upcoming projects and tutorials.